Thursday, March 23, 2017

Hospital Update 3.23.16

     It's been a crazy 3 days!  Dr. Ojo is amazing....I got to the ICU on Monday afternoon and literally it was one thing right after another--saw both hospitalists, allergy intern, ENT, allergist, and about 10 other people getting everything ready to start the desensitization.  We started and I did pretty good until they hung the last bag--my tongue went numb, along with my throat and lips and my throat felt really weird and like it was hard to breathe.  I got anxious even though I tried not to, but my Mom coached me on breathing to calm down and docs came by and they slowed stuff down and I was able to complete the process without anymore hiccups.  They added the second IV antibiotic, Colistin, and watched me while I took that to make sure I did ok and then got me over to the floor, my home away from home, 3NE.  

     I prayed for a good room with a view, like I always do, and boy did God answer!  I got the best room on the unit! It's got an incredible view of the mountains, is a little bit bigger, is at the back of the unit between two double doors and then my door, so it's as quiet as it can possibly be for a hospital room.  I was so excited when I saw which one I was getting!  And Lord willing, I should be able to keep it for after surgery since I'll just be going down to OR and coming back after surgery.  The antibiotics are every 8 hours instead of every 12 hours--meaning I get something every 4 hours.  These are heavy duty antibiotics--Dr. Ojo doesn't mess around!  I'm so thankful for her--we are going to kick this infection to the curb!  

     So far it's been a whirlwind of activity--there is so much going on at home too--apparently I like to be hospitalized when we have to move.  Our lease is up April 15th so we are moving in with my parents for a few months give or take a few until we can figure out if/when we can buy a house.  As with any move, there is so many ups and downs with the purchase process--I'm trying to do as much of the administrative stuff as I can from the hospital and Jord is working a bunch of OT to help us get some debt paid off so we are in a better position...all while preparing to pack and clean and be out of the house 5 days after I'm supposed to get out of the hospital.  It's been an emotional few days to say the least!

     It's been fun catching up with the nurses and techs I met last year and meeting new ones.  The staff here is amazing--they take such good care of me and I'm very grateful!  With everything going on at home and how exhausted and emotional and just not feeling good it's a blessing to not have to fight to get the care I need--Dr. Ojo had everything super organized and orders in and I don't have to worry about a thing.  It's an incredible blessing I don't take lightly! 

     I didn't get the best sleep last night...it took me awhile to fall asleep and then my machine decided to be retarded last night and blare "air-in-line" multiple times and then vitals and labs at 6 and cramps from my period (yep, lets just do everything at once body!), so I went to bed around 11 and had interrupted sleep and then was up at 6.  I'm thinking there's gonna be a nap in my future today! And a shower! 

     Here are some pictures to enjoy from my stay so far :) Thanks for all your prayers, love, and support of Jordan and I! 

My amazing view!



I got to sit outside! :) 

Purple flowers! 





Waddles and me ready for bed!


     

No comments:

Post a Comment