Friday, April 10, 2015

Practical Ways to Help

Hello everyone! 

     So here are some practical ways you can help us at this time.  :) 

Here is a link to a "GoFundMe" account a friend set up for us today:


Here is a link for those local that can help with practical needs like rides to the doctor or meals. 


I will also be setting up an online TShirt sale through "TFund".  I have one shirt designed already and will be designing about 3 more.  If you are local you can have it shipped to me at no cost, or you can pay shipping and have it shipped directly to you.  The link for the one I have so far is:


Be on the lookout for the additional designs! 

Yesterday was a special treat--I finally didn't have a doctor's appointment or test and was able to go out to my parent's house and with lots of help from Mom and Jen I was able to go for a short ride on Buddy around the yard.  I cried as I talked to him...he could tell I wasn't my normal self (the saddle was a first clue because I usually hop on bareback and go cause I'm too lazy to saddle lol!) and he was totally in tune to my gentle leg cues and took the turns extra gentle and slow.  He whinnied to me when I hollered to him when we were walking out and then he went to rub his eyes on me but I said, "Ah!" and he stopped and gently nuzzled me.  We had some very sweet moments and riding is the best vestibular therapy ever!!!  Here are some pictures of Buddy and I's journey together--I got him in March of 1997 right before I was officially diagnosed that summer in North Carolina.  God knew I needed him all those years ago more than I ever could have imagined.  I was crying and hugging his chest and gave my Mom a huge hug and thanked her for keeping him for me all these years.  Next to my relationship with Jordan, family, and close friends, Buddy is the most priceless gift God could have ever given me on this earth.  Although Crash and Roxy are right up there as well!  I found a place that only charges $350 and helps you train your own dog to be a service dog so we are looking into getting signed up to do that with Roxy.  She will be perfect for the job.  :)  

In His Mighty Grip,
Rachelle 









No comments:

Post a Comment